When I heard one of my Flickr contacts was taking on a new position as Chef at ZUZU Ramen in Brooklyn NY, I knew I had to visit. I loaded up the car with four hardy eaters and set out to try everything on the menu.
The Amuse-Bouche of Tataki of Bonito Loin Pickled beet salad Chilled Tomato broth the chef really out did himself.
The first included:
- Mini Pork Buns with Braised Pork Shoulder, Scallions, Cucumber & Sweet Chili Sauce
- Seaweed Salad with Mesclun Greens, Cherry Tomatoes and Citrus Vinaigret
- Pan Seared Pork Dumplings with Shiso Seed Dipping Sauce
I love pork so I was a very happy camper after eating these wonderful first courses.
The mains included:
- Hot & Sour Ramen with Shrimp, Tomatoes, Thai Basil & Lemongrass
- ZuZu’ Ramen with Charshu, Slow Cooked Egg, Bamboo Shoots & Seasonal Vegetables in a Smokey Dashi Broth
- Green Curry-Miso Ramen with Charshu, Slow Cooked Egg & Seasonal Vegetables
We inhaled all the the mains; they were that good. I’d have to say the “Green Curry” is my favorite.
The house special desert was a refreshing ice cream dumpling.
I can’t wait to get back to ZUZU to see what Scratch has got in store for me next.